Saturday, August 1, 2015

Writing Again

I decided that in order to improve my writing skills and to force myself to write I would take an online writing course. I signed up through Canvas Network to take a course called Stunt Wring for Personal Growth. I hope it works. I often can make myself sew or quilt, but I rarely sit down to write. I found that I struggle even when I am writing for a test where I have a time limit. This is not acceptable. Not any more...Part of my requirements for the "stunt" includes posting results on my blog. here is the plan I submitted...

-->
PARAMETERS DOCUMENT
STUNTWRITING FOR PERSONAL GROWTH
INSTRUCTOR: Erin Jourdan

Creating the Parameters of Your Stunt:
·      I commit to writing for 30 minutes every day.
·      My stunt is focused around: Writing a complete short story
·      I will increase the complexity of my story each week.
WEEK ONE I will focus on writing a story about one person and her life for one day.
WEEK TWO I will focus on writing a story about a couple and their lives for one day.
WEEK THREE I will focus on writing a story about a family and their lives for one day.

#1 Write a short paragraph about what your stunt is, this will be your “plan of attack.”
I have always been good at coming up with ideas for stories, characters, and plot twists, but I can never seem to finish a complete story. For the next three weeks, I will make myself complete three short stories. After I write I will document how I completed the process and various ways I motivated myself. Each story will include dialog, setting, and one conflict. I will work on the story for 30 minutes a day in addition to the time I write for the stunt.

#2 Create Restrictions: Removal, Consequences, Places, People, Research, Data, Change and Practice

-Removal: I will not have the T.V. on in the room I am working.
-Consequences: I will walk for 20 minutes if I do not write each day.
-Places: I will find a quiet place in the house.
-People: I will ask three people outside my family to read my story.
-Things:I will carry my writing notebook with me all the time.
-Research: I will make sure that my stories are based on real-life and facts.
-Data: I will post each story to my blog and link it to my Facebook page.
-Change: I will limit my ideas so that I can complete the story.
-Practice: I will write down all ideas as they come to me whenever it happens.
-Practice: I will keep my writing notebook with me at all times.
-Practice: I will not give up…


Keep accountable....

No comments:

Post a Comment